Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seeking an experienced maintenance technician knowledgeable in troubleshooting Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeric controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Update and/or modify existing electrical systems and controls.
- Update, modify, or create electrical schematics.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various material, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists and/or trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Computer experience/operation, PLC programming, and experience with 5volt ttl systems are necessary.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Experience with medium and high voltage electricity. Must be highly safety conscious.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Minimum high school education required.
- Associates degree in Electronics or Electricity preferred.
Qualified individuals should fax a resume to: (276) 645-7558
Or email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org